10 April 2016 Little snails – practical things what to do and what not to do
– Do not sprinkle little snails with water
– Do not pour feedstock onto little snails (as they stick and die)
– The bottom part of the cuvette should be changed every day (excrements and residues of feedstock should be removed)
– Do not touch little snails, do not move them around with fingers, etc. (they remain in the top part of the cuvette)
– Do not place fly deterring lamps close to little snails (fly like to venture into the cuvettes and to lay eggs there, their larvae kill little snails)
Leaving feedstock for a longer period of time than just one day may result in mould growth and poisoning of little snails.
– Little snails should be kept and fed in the cuvette for a maximum period of two weeks, then they are moved to the field.
Little snails should be transferred using a soft brush only and after sprinkling them with water.